For your protection and ours, North Michigan Avenue Dental Group has added even more safety precautions to what we previously had in place in the wake of COVID-19. Our entire team has always taken sterilization and disinfection seriously; now, we’re adding extra steps so that everyone — from patients to team members — will feel safe and protected from the moment you set foot in our dental office in Chicago.
Things to Know About Our New Safety Standards
When you come to the office for your next appointment, things might seem a little different. That’s because we’re going above and beyond to ensure you and your family are safe and comfortable during your dental treatments. Please know that every additional step we’re taking, every precaution that’s put in place, prevents any harm to you and your smile. NMA Dental Group is currently adhering to the universal safety protocols issued by the:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- American Dental Association
What does this mean for you? Since we’ve implemented a Wellness Check Protocol related to COVID-19 screening, you might be asked to:
- Answer health-related questions before your appointment
- Wash your hands when entering the office
- Use hand sanitizer
- Have your temperature checked
At our team morning huddles, we’ll also be checking everyone’s temperatures and answering screening questions. These precautions are followed for every patient for your peace of mind, every time you need to spend time in the dental chair.
Sterilization and Disinfection Updates
Whether you’re overdue for a cleaning or are ready to move forward with that restorative treatment you’ve been waiting for, rest assured we’re prepared to take care of you. We’ve always adhered to nothing but the highest, most stringent sterilization and disinfection standards at our Chicago dental office.
- Wear single-use masks and gloves
- Disinfect all dental operatory surfaces including chairs, trays, countertops, etc. with an EPA/OSHA-grade disinfectant
- Place all dental instruments in our autoclave where high-pressure steam and 275-degree heat kills bacteria, viruses, etc.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out and talk to us. We’re here for you and want to keep everyone healthy and happy.