Some patients need a little extra help in boosting their oral health and protecting it in the future. That’s why your general dentist in Chicago might recommend a fluoride treatment. Fluoride is a naturally-occurring mineral that’s been proven to effectively boost the strength of your teeth, specifically their enamel, to help fight off decay and cavities.
Most of the time at North Michigan Avenue Dental Group, we recommend that adult patients receive a fluoride treatment especially if you’re elderly or if you’re currently undergoing cancer or post-cancer treatments. Fluoride is a great way to give your smile an added level of protection and strength.
Fluoride treatments can also help to:
- Minimize the negative effects of sugary drinks and foods
- Compliment regular flossing and brushing
- Improve dry mouth caused by a medical problem or medications
- End sensitivity caused by exposed root surfaces
- Reverse the negative effects of inadequate exposure to fluoride
If you’re interested in learning more about how fluoride can help you and your smile, schedule a consultation with us. We can help you understand how fluoride can be used to reverse the effects of decay and help your smile stay strong.